Wastewater monitoring system
Wastewater Monitoring System (WWMS) is a system for monitoring and measuring wastewater parameters after treatment of production, processing, and trading establishments as well as industrial service factories before being discharged into the environment.
Wastewater monitoring helps to assess the efficiency of the production process and the wastewater treatment system; simultaneously, providing online data to help Appropriate authorities in facilitating inspection, controlling, closely monitoring wastewater sources from business units or enterprises operating in the area; and thence, improving management efficiency as well as making practical contributions to environmental protection.
The WWMS system must comply with applicable regulations, specifically, according to Circular No. 10/2021/TT-BTNMT dated 30th June 2021 on providing for environmental monitoring techniques and management of environmental quality monitoring information and data as well as Decree 08/2022/ND-CP dated 10th January 2022 about Elaboration of several articles of the law on environmental protection including some basic components as follow:
- Wastewater monitoring equipment: Inlet and outlet flow measurement devices (direct method), equipment for measuring and analyzing water composition (direct or indirect method)
- Automated sample collection and storage device
- Collection and transmission data devices (dataloggers)
- Substation and auxiliary systems (including Standard substances, surveillance camera, lightning protection system, smoke detector, UPSs, sample containers, sampling pumps and water pipes, device measuring temperature and humidity, etc.)
- Data monitoring software on site and at the provincial Department of Natural Resources and Environment