Air quality management system
Ambient Air Quality Monitoring System (AAQMS) is a system that monitors, measures automatically, continuously and transmits the data including metrological parameters about ambient air composition in residential areas, urban areas, industrial zones, tunnels, etc. to the management center.
Ambient air monitoring helps to assess the level of air pollution in the living environment according to current regulations as well as the impact on community health through the Air Quality Index (AQI), warn about air pollution, determine the affect strongly from sewage; depending on it, provides information for timely incident response plans; and likewise meets the requirements of environmental management from central to local.
The AAQMS system must comply with current regulations, specifically – Circular No. 10/2021/TT-BTNMT dated 30th June 2021 on providing for environmental monitoring techniques and management of environmental quality monitoring information and data with basic components as follow:
- Ambient air quality monitoring equipment:
• Equipment for integrating a series of ambient analyzers to monitor the concentration of air pollutants continuously including sulfur dioxide – SO2, nitrogen dioxide – NO2, Carbon monoxide – CO, Ozone – O3, etc. and some other components (according to the Multipoint measurement method – Details in Figure 1, and Single-point measurement method – Details in Figure 2 below)
• The device for measuring dust includes the following parameters: particulate matter 10 micrometers or less in diameter – PM10, particulate matter 2.5 micrometers or less in diameter – PM2.5, total suspended particulate matter TSP.
• The device for measuring meteorological parameters such as: temperature, air humidity, wind speed, wind direction, solar radiation, precipitation, etc.
- Collection and transmission data devices (dataloggers)
- Substation and auxiliary systems (including standard gas cylinders, surveillance camera, lightning protection system, smoke detector, gas distribution systems, air conditioning equipment, etc.)
- Data monitoring software on site and at the provincial Department of Natural Resources and Environment
Multipoint measurement method
Single-point measurement method